Cardboard packaging for products chemical products
The Plastic Free Packaging Range
IGB offers a wide range of plastic-free packaging for a wide range of application fields like the cardboard boxes with a child resistant system integrated for laundry pods
Podlock Eco Child-Resistant Box
Household chemical products can be a threat to children; IGB packaging protects kids without using plastic parts.
Dishwasher and washing machine detergents in the shape of liquid, powder, pills, bars, capsules or pods are increasingly popular because they make homecare easier: dishwashing, washing clothes and doing the laundry. As they are often characterized by vibrant colours, they can attract little children and, as they are very concentrated, if ingested, they can cause poisoning, as highlighted, among the others, by the American Association of Poison Control Centres.
That’s why it is always recommended to store them out of children’s reach.
Packaging is a key prevention tool. In the USA, the 1970 PPPA - Poison Prevention Packaging Act – defines the requirements. In Europe, the requirements of the CIC - Superior Child Impeding Closures, regarding reclosable hazardous liquid laundry detergent capsules packaging, are defined by the A.I.S.E. - International Association for Soaps, Detergents and Maintenance Products.
Packaging on the market that provides children protections, usually employs a large quantity of plastic.
IGB packaging is very distinctive: it is Child Resistant and plastic-free at the same time; this helps prevent both accidents and plastic pollution:
- It has a special design: little children are not able to open it.
- It is made of a special cardboard: little children are not strong enough to break it.
- Its distinctive design makes it appealing and supports marketing and communication strategies
- It is certified as Child Resistant (children protection) and Senior Friendly (easy to open for the
The IGB Child Resistant Packaging is also Tamper Evident. Also the anti-tampering feature is plastic-free: no stickers are required.
Spirits, wines and sparkling wines are considered high-value items: the combination of value, size and easy accessibility makes them attractive targets for shoplifting and counterfeiting.
A 2016 European Union survey shows that, in Europe alone, the combined annual sales of spirits and wine in the EU are worth approximately €38 billion annually and €1.3 billion (3.3%) are lost due to the presence of counterfeit products in the marketplace (source: EUIPO).
IGB Tamper-Evident packaging provides vital protection against shoplifting and counterfeiting, is made of plastic-free cardboard and suitable for standard packaging lines.
Perfumes and Cosmetics are high-value items: the combination of value, size and easy accessibility makes them attractive targets for shoplifting and counterfeiting.
Government and industry studies and testing have discovered that some of the ingredients that make up counterfeit cosmetics and fragrances are downright dangerous.
The IGB's tamper evident luxury box is the effective and sustainable solution.
Equipped with a plastic-free seal, made from cardboard, IGB’s Tamper Evident Luxury Box guarantees visible confirmation that a product has not been tampered with: when the seal is broken, a high-vis tag shows up, making it clear that the box has been opened.
IGB’s Tamper Evident folding box is the lean answer to Directive 2011/62/EU (FMD) because it allows you to work with the same performance as with standard folding boxes:
- No gluing required.
- No labels or stickers required.
- No additional space required in packaging departments.
- The packaging process is not slowed down.
- No investments required for additional equipment.
- It’s a simple and effective solution to Directive 2011/62/EU and FDA and TGA requirements.
- It gives irreversible evidence when the boxes have been opened.
- It allows an immediate visual control of the closure and can also be used by visually impaired people.
- It has an inner seal, therefore it does not interfere with the reading of Braille text.
- When opened, it keeps intact the graphics and variable text and data, maintaining the readability of the information, because it doesn’t have labels that, when detached, damage the surface.
- It’s eco-friendly as it’s entirely made of cardboard, with no plastic labels added.
- It has been awarded by the most important trade fairs in the sector.
In addition, tamper evident folding boxes can be used by cosmetic and confectionery companies to get rid of plastic wrappings. They can also be used for pasta products to switch from plastic packaging to ecological packaging.
IGB's Child Resistant folding boxes look like normal boxes that present a locking mechanism that provides effective protection to children: the package is equipped with a key, without which it cannot be opened. IGB's Child Resistant folding boxes offer significant advantages for mass manufacturing.
- They don’t require gluing and they have a standard shape therefore they can be packaged like standard boxes.
- No investments required to upgrade the packaging machinery, whose production performance remains unaltered.
- They can also be manually packed without tools or special materials, as they have a completely mechanical packaging.
- Certified BS EN ISO 8317 for Europe and 16 SEE § 1700.20 - F1 for the US
The IGB’s Child Resistant & Tamper Evident Box is designed according to the certification guidelines for Europe (BS EN ISO 8317; Directive 2011/62/EU) and for the United States of America (16 CFR § 1700.20). This box is environmentally friendly, absolutely safe and easy to use. This packaging can be manufactured in different sizes and designs. It is equipped with a double safety mechanism: child resistant and tamper evident. These folding boxes are particularly safe, therefore suitable for different businesses such as home care (e.g. containers for capsules for washing machines and dishwashers), alcohol or tobacco.
- child health protection
- guarantee of the originality of the content
The ampoule trays are completely made of cardboard, they are safe, eco-sustainable and easy to use. The ampoule trays are an ideal packaging for vials and are available in four sizes:
- 10 vials tray, for 2ml, 5ml and 10ml ampoules
- 5 vials tray, for 20ml ampoules
The Drop-Lock folding boxes are identical to the common packaging for blister packs, flasks or ampoules, and do not require any special machinery or glue to make them, therefore the value for money is particularly convenient. The packaging is absolutely safe and simple to use: it can be easily packed either by standard lines or manually.
- It can be used on regular packaging machines
- Does not require gluing or special machines
- It looks like a standard box
- It has a very strong mechanical seal
- It is easy to recycle
- Can be FSC and PEFC certified
Furthermore, IGB’s Drop-Lock folding boxes can be used by cosmetic companies to get rid of plastic wrappings around the packaging.
This dispenser container is totally eco-friendly and easily recyclable as it is made of common cardboard. The operating mechanism is extremely simple: by pressing a special button, also made of cardboard, the candy or pill is dispensed.
- Simple to use
- Safe for food: the consumers only touch what they need
- Can be mass produced and packaged
- It is fully recyclable as it is built in cardboard.
- Can be FSC and PEFC certified
Dispenser boxes can be used by confectionery companies to get rid of plastic wrapping off the boxes and provide a simple and fun way to serve candy, pralines and chewing gums.